Head of Business Unit
Would you like to lead a team and be behind top technological products in the world of speech technologies? Do you know how to set up and implement a business strategy? Do you want to become a member of the Phonexia management?
Michal, our CEO, is looking for a new member of his team - Head of Business Unit. Apart from Michal, you'll be working closely with Markéta (Head of Business Unit for Commerce), the whole management and your own team. The synergy we have and want to keep is one of the most important criteria and we are searching for a team player with strong teamthink.
You will have a huge amount of independence with three main responsibilities: leading the team, increase revenue and boost our product’s value.
What Will You Do And What Skills Should You Have?
- It includes performance management, professional development, problem-solving, conflict resolution, recruitment, team needs analysis.
- You should have experience with the processes mentioned above as you’ll be leading a team of 9 (and potentially more – your decision😊). However, be ready for different roles and personalities. Your job will be to help them all to grow and shine.
Strategy & Operations
- Creating a business plan and keeping an eye on the product line strategy. Your tasks will be:
- Setting up the goals and their evaluation.
- Regular review of the pricing, strategies, and budgets.
- Ensuring smooth cooperation between Marketing and Development teams and managing the delivery.
- Reporting to the stakeholders.
- You'll have the responsibility for profit and loss of the product line. And that requires someone business-oriented, with strong strategical thinking and performance-driven mindset – you'll be behind product sales strategy, you should be able to see things from different perspectives and have the ability to identify opportunities as well as threats in the business world.
- Experience with leading a Business Unit or bigger project is expected – it'll help you to do this job excellently and we'll ask about your success stories as well as failures at the interview.
- Partnership development, analysis of the customer's needs – customer's feedback is driving us forward.
- Negotiation – contracts, OEM, NDA, … - anything that comes your way.
- Travels – visiting the clients. A few travels quarterly are expected (however depends on the Covid situation).
- Representation of Phonexia – at fairs, exhibitions, conferences, and other networking events as well as in media.
- This position would suit perfectly someone with great communication skills and a customer-oriented approach as we act based on customer's needs.
- You should have sales experience and interest in technologies cause it'll help you to learn and act fast.
- English is a must, Czech/Slovak language is an advantage, any other language is appreciated.
- We value honesty, a proactive attitude, and ethical behavior and you should have a similar attitude.
We are searching for someone from Brno region who can come to our office in Brno, Královo Pole, on daily basis.
- Modern – our development team works with cutting-edge technologies and the systems are based on real-time tech.
- Cool – speaker identification is one of the most interesting areas to work in. We develop unique and state-of-the-art technologies together with some of the best European researchers.
- Agile – we need to be agile as we focus on what business and our customers need. Our work depends on customer's feedback.
- Geeks – yes, we are. In a positive way. We love to try new things and explore unique technological areas beyond what we think is even possible.
- Cooperation – we help each other, learn from each other, stand behind each other. We are a team.
- Community – Are you a foodie? Traveler? Sports lover? Movie fan? We love to have breakfasts together every month, we go skiing and skating in winter, we have teambuilding in summer, wine tasting anytime. Is there any hobby you would like to share with us? Bring it on board!
- Learn and grow – conferences, workshops, mentoring and other opportunities for personal as well as professional development.
- Flexibility – working from home (if you need), flexible working hours, work-life balance.
There are 60 of us together who are pushing the boundaries forward. Do you want to join us? Send us your CV or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s have a chat about possible cooperation.
By sending your CV to us, you agree with the processing of your personal data by Phonexia s.r.o. for the purpose of the hiring process. You may withdraw your consent at any time via the same email, or you can ask for a summary of your personal data processed by us. Your personal data will be processed in strict compliance with applicable legislation.